Private and Online Tuition 2021
Other than school-based Tuition, the only option for private lessons at this time is through online lessons.
If you wish to book online-lessons please contact.
Suggested weekly lesson duration for under 11s is no more than 30minutes and for teenagers between 30-60min. Adults will vary according to preferred-frequency and ability.
Online tuition terms & conditions:
- Online tuition fees are on a monthly "top-up/pre-paid" basis, similar to a pre-pay mobile phone arrangement where you buy minutes. (See pricing below)
- "Minutes" must be purchased in advance for use during the current month.
- Lessons must be booked at least 7 days prior to the lesson to confirm an agreeable session date & time between pupil (parent) and tutor.
- Credit minutes must be used a minimum of 20 minutes at a time.
- Minimum lesson duration is 20 minutes.
- Unused minutes expire on at the end of each month and do not roll-over to the following month.
- If the tutor must cancel any credits will carry forward even to the following month.
- It is recommended to confirm the date & time of the sessions prior to making payment.
- Students will have access to the online resources (printed and audio material) whilst in credit.
- All learning material, audio, written (online resources) are solely for the use of the pupil and not to be shared or given away, including the online account.
- As there may be another session running before/after yours, please allow time for entry/exit of yourself and others just as if it was a physical teaching space.
- Unattended sessions without 24 hours notice of absenteeism will still be charged for.
- Students must have access to an online video-chat system such as Zoom or Skype (other systems may be possible)
- Meeting codes are for the student for the purposes of tuition only and not to be shared.
- Students will need an instrument for the lesson and for regular playing outside of lessons.
- The student will benefit from using the biggest screen available. Phone-sized screens may limit the learning experience.
- Though not essential, an additional device audio playback will be of great benefit and enhance the learning sessions substantially, ie a phone/mp3-player/laptop/tablet
- Be prepared- Test your audio and video prior to commencing lessons and have your instrument tuned and ready where possible.
- The tutor has an enhanced DBS check for your reassurance.
- Where pupils are under 18 years all communication must be done through an adult including messaging and/or the video-chat system.
- Students must be suitably dressed, ie not in nightwear or anything less.
- Students under 18 years should be situated with an adult nearby able to observe without disturbing the session. ie not in isolation, alone in their bedroom, etc
- The tutor reserves the right to terminate lessons immediately should there be any breach of the above.