Private and Online Tuition
Apart from in-school tuition, only private online-lessons are available at this time. Click here for school rates
If you wish to book online-lessons please contact.
Suggested weekly lesson duration for under 11s is no more than 30minutes and for teenagers between 30-60min. Adults will vary according to preferred-frequency and ability.
Online tuition terms & conditions:
- Online tuition fees work on a monthly "pre-pay" basis, where you must purchase lessons for the coming month. (See pricing below)
- Minimum lesson duration is 20 minutes.
- Lessons are usually at the same time on the same week-day each week date, which will be confirmed in advance.
- Lesson credit expires at the end of each month and does not roll-over to the following month. Therefore, any missed sessions will still be chargeable.
- If the tutor must cancel any credit will carry forward even to the following month.
- Students have access to the online resources (printed and audio material) only whilst in credit.
- All learning material, audio, written (online resources) are solely for the use of the pupil and not to be shared or given away, including the online account.
- Students must have access to the
Zoomonline video-chat system. (other platforms may be supported)
- Meeting codes are for the student for the purposes of tuition only and not to be shared.
- Students will need an instrument for the lesson and for regular playing outside of lessons.
- The student will benefit from using the biggest screen available. Phone-sized screens will limit the learning experience.
- Though not essential, an additional device for audio playback will be of great benefit and enhance the learning sessions substantially, ie a phone/mp3-player/laptop/tablet
- Be prepared- Test your audio and video prior to commencing lessons and have your instrument tuned and ready where possible.
- Poor quality visual and/or audio as a result of internet or bad connection can not be accounted for so please ensure you are using the best possible equipment and connection available. It is recommended to test your connection prior to lessons to ensure connectivity is sufficient. Tip: Wifi is typically the source of most bad connections
- The tutor has an enhanced DBS check for your reassurance.
- Where pupils are under 18 years all communication must be done through an adult including messaging and/or the video-chat system.
- Students must be suitably dressed, ie not in nightwear or anything less.
- Students under 18 years should be situated with an adult nearby able to observe without disturbing the session. ie not in isolation, alone in their bedroom, etc
- The tutor reserves the right to terminate lessons immediately should there be any breach of the above.