Other than school-based tuition, the only option for private lessons at this time is through online lessons.
Your music tuition
The tuition offered presents an opportunity for individuals to learn musical skills using a practical and relevant approach. Techniques are usually developed faster by using music and styles favoured by the student and help make an important
connection between learner and teacher. Although theory is covered it is there support rather than lead. After all, what use is theory without being able to apply it? Likewise, learning all those scales are of no use if you can not apply them.
We accommodate for complete beginners and those who can not or do not wish to read music. The skills learnt can contribute towards musical qualifications or any future involvement with music.
Instrumental tuition is available for:
- Electric guitar
- Acoustic guitar
- Bass guitar
What you can expect:
- Friendly, helpful and relaxed atmosphere
- No prior knowledge required
- Reading of music not essential
- Work at rate of student
- Course material supplied (audio and written)
- Regular progress assessment
- Practice routines developed for each individual
- Focus on students areas of interest, i.e. learning specific techniques, songs, etc.,
Bands/groups advisory service and workshops
Additional tuition which can be incorporated with the learning which requires some previous musical knowledge include:
- Band and group workshops- bringing together different musicians forming 'real' band situations
- Skills for use within live/band or studio environments